The customer found us on the web and verified with Microsoft that Matrixforce was a top 25 national Cloud Accelerate Partner. We simply listened as he recounted his issues with the current hosting and support:
- The consulting firm owner had so much litigation in the industry that he had become an attorney with extra attitude.
- Before the IT Manager position was created, the consulting firm actually finagled leasing the firewall, network attached storage, and fax services – effectively capturing the customer.
- The consulting firm owner also routinely told the IT Manager that if they didn’t like the service to move on to someone else.
- The admin portal was often inaccessible or broken meaning he really had no control.
- In fact there was no documentation on anything and any questions were simply rebuffed or ignored.
- There was just one guy for the customer’s account who was constantly busy, difficult to contact, and slow to respond.
- Even the simplest of things had to be arranged for on-site support so the tech could bill the maximum amount by the hour.
- The IT Manager had discovered that his e-mail was actually hosted by a third-party located in Missouri on the New Madrid fault line.
- The consulting firm had recently purchased a wildcard SSL certificate in their name and the Exchange Connectivity Test would not verify for the customer’s domain.
- If the IT manager wanted his data back, he was at the mercy of the consulting firm to export mailboxes to an external drive which was in vogue 10 years ago.
- A nominal flat cost project to migrate mailboxes automatically.
- Flat cost Guardian Managed Services for infrastructure support.
- Test migration to prove that the data was accessible and the IT Manager could review his own migrated mailbox.
- System Plan with Office 365 settings and on-premise infrastructure configuration.
The IT Manager got a raise because the mailboxes were seamlessly migrated over a weekend and the improved reliability and disaster recovery. The network was more stable and the support was less. Most importantly, the customer’s management were excited they had a business partner with a full staff and a proven methodology to openly help business without motivation to just sell product and time.