IT Spring Cleaning
- Pull out dead equipment, obsolete books, and errant cleaning supplies or miscellaneous storage from the server room.
- Organize the software/supplies cabinet and likewise donate or dispose of Windows 98 or similarly defunct software, manuals, or floppy disks.
- Group all the old or dead printers, monitors, and CPUs for pickup by the Salvation Army or Goodwill.
- Do the same process digitally and archive to an external drive old setup software and delete from the system.
- Clear out administrative/user folders and eliminate the no longer relevant and file pertinent IT documents in appropriate department folders.
Be sure to wipe or format all drives and have management review disposal or donation of software or equipment. Once you’ve eliminated the clutter and confusion, you can now begin to focus on those projects and tasks to help move your organization forward with accomplishment and pride.