OSCPA Technology Conference 2015: Business World Disruption
Technology has forever changed the business world and how are you keeping up?
That was the question for CPA’s posed and answered at the OSCPA 2015 Technology Conference in Norman, Oklahoma on October 29 – 30, 2015. Matrixforce attended as a major sponsor for Microsoft Cloud Services. During the region’s largest financial and technology event of 16 hours of recommended CPE and Yellow Book credit, various attendees also took advantage of a special opportunity.
Matrixforce specialists provided hands-on cloud demonstrations, personalized cost evaluations, and security comparisons for Office 365, Azure, and Intune. Attendees walked away with specific examples to save their organization money and an opportunity to participate in Experience the Possible for an additional 4 hours of CPE credit in December.
- December 2, 2015 – Experience the Possible (Session 1) Understand Critical Technology to Remain Competitive
- December 3, 2015 – Experience the Possible (Session 2) Understand Critical Technology to Remain Competitive
Attendees also leveraged hands-on use of the latest devices from the Microsoft Store. Most patrons didn’t realize there were new Surface 4 and Surface Book models or the built-in capabilities to work or play anywhere. Until December 31, 2015, various discounts are available. From OneDrive to encrypted e-mail and even Yammer, no question was left unanswered with real examples using live data. In addition, each visitor to the Matrixforce booth also received exclusive giveaways.
Conference sessions were presented by acclaimed K2 Enterprises:
Concurrent technology content included:
- Technology Update 2015
- Self-service Business Intelligence with Power BI
- Top 10 Technology Articles You Should Have Read
- Remote Access Best Practices
- Risks and Rewards of Hosted, On-premise & Hybrid Solutions
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Secure Your PC
- Everything iOS
- How to Prevent & Detect Spreadsheet Errors
- The Internet of Things
- Backups – Critical to Every Organization
- Dueling Excel Tips
- Leading Solutions for CPA Firms
- Personal Technologies
- Using Pivot Tables & Queries to Automate Reporting
- Revolutionizing Small Business Accounting
- Payment Technologies
- Technology Policies to Protect Your Organization
- Beyond Entry-Level Accounting, Reporting and Analytics
- Windows 10: You’re Going to Love It!
- Best Tools for Collaboration
- Welcome to the New World of Microsoft
Couldn’t make it to Norman? Webcasts are back again this year! Now you can experience the Technology Conference from the comfort of your own desk and still earn up to 16 hours of recommended CPE credit. Webcast registration is available online: Sign up today!
We would like to say a special thanks to Curt Witt for the opportunity to yet again represent Microsoft.