Use The Problem Steps Recorder
A print screen or some dialog cutout with the Snippet Tool provides a clue for troubleshooting. However, there is usually more to the problem and most people aren’t aware of the Problem Steps Recorder built into Windows.
You can recreate a problem by recording the steps and then send to Support, eliminating unnecessary explanation and providing thorough information for quick resolution.
- Click Start, then Run.
- Type PSR and click OK.
- Click the Start Record button.
- Walk through the steps to reproduce the issue. Remember that every click will create a screenshot. Reproduce the issue all the way to the error message that is being received.
- Once the issue has been reproduced, click the Stop Record button.
- The Save As… dialog window will pop up. Save the file in a spot that it can easily be retrieved. The file will be saved in .ZIP format.
- Once the file has been saved, attach it to an e-mail to Support for further investigation.