Top 25 Reasons for Windows Phone 7
First there was Blackberry, then Windows Mobile (RIM had to start giving away the Blackberry Enterprise Server), nearly 5 years later iPhone, and 2 years after that Android. Now Microsoft has returned with Windows Phone 7 and the following are 25 reasons you should buy one:
- The devices are built for speed with the industry’s fastest processors.
- New OS with faster application load than iPhone, Blackberry, or Droid.
- Everything you do is meant for quick access, so no more of that irritating swiping over and over.
- The tiles or hubs are much bigger and easier to hit than the iPhone or Droid.
- The start screen can be quickly personalized and favorite apps pinned where you want.
- Dozens of devices from various manufacturers for several form factors, some with built-in keyboards.
- Tetherless syncing for everything with no need to connect to a computer.
- Voice activated search for everything – accurate even with background noise.
- Zune for music and video.
- Phone reception is good regardless of how you hold the phone.
- External case is not required.
- Xbox Live gaming.
- Service provided by all major carriers.
- Multiple Exchange account support.
- Direct support for the latest ActiveSync features.
- No need for a Blackberry Enterprise Server / licensing / maintenance.
- No one does mobile Office and Office integration better.
- Better stability and less reboots than iPhone or Droid.
- Built for Facebook and other social network integration.
- Fast picture taking – even when the phone is locked.
- Automatic ability to upload any files and synch with Windows Live Skydrive.
- Turn by turn navigation via Bing Maps.
- While panned by some reviewers, battery life has been equal or better to iPhone or Droid.
- App Marketplace has reached 5K apps in 2 months and MS has the largest number of developers in the world.
- All said it costs less, does more, and offers more choice than alternatives.
Leave a Reply